[LyX/master] Transform simple search dialog to dock widget (#2625)

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Mon Feb 15 00:23:14 UTC 2021

On 2/14/21 3:48 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 14/02/2021 à 20:40, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
>>> Yes, it’s a matter of style and I’m ok with this too.
>>>
>>> Latest changes made me think it’s more modern to use the {} syntax.
>>
>> The {} notation uses the default initializer, whatever that is. So,
>> yes, nullptr would be more explicit but has the same effect.
>>
>> See
>> https://arne-mertz.de/2015/07/new-c-features-uniform-initialization-and-initializer_list/
>

> So Riki, what do you prefer in this case?

I'm no expert. I doubt it really matters very much, though maybe we
should settle on something, just for consistency. But it looks like
"uniform initializaton" is a thing, so maybe we should just get into the
habit of using {}. But I'd be happy to say as well: With plain types, we
use explicit initialization, e.g., 0 for ints; nullptr, for pointers;
etc. But we can use {} for the default with other types.

There are some other pretty cool C++11 features in this one

https://arne-mertz.de/2015/08/new-c-features-inherited-and-delegating-constructors/

that we might want to use, too.