[LyX/master] DocBook: mark dates to disallow fonts inside.

Thibaut Cuvelier tcuvelier at lyx.org
Sun Feb 14 19:37:32 UTC 2021

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 17:13, Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>
wrote:

> On 2/14/21 5:25 AM, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 06:05:12AM +0100, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> >> commit 5297862855f89ed44e62e7667e83b5fc1fd16e16
> >> Author: Thibaut Cuvelier <tcuvelier at lyx.org>
> >> Date:   Sun Feb 14 06:08:36 2021 +0100
> >>
> >>     DocBook: mark dates to disallow fonts inside.
> > Shouldn't this be the kind of task to be performed by layout2layout.py?
>
> Yes, probably. Thibaut, this should be reverted and replaced by a
> layout2layout routine. Introduce a dummy format change if need be. Are
> you familiar with how to do that? If not, I can do it.

Why would this be handled by layout2layout? It's a very specific case (just
one DocBook tag, dozens others could be treated in the same way; it should
be searched for in any DocBook(.*)Tag): I wouldn't trust myself to write
code that sufficiently generic for this task (you would need to parse, at
some point, the DocBook schema to find elements with a very narrow content
model, like
https://github.com/docbook/docbook/blob/main/src/main/relaxng/docbook/pool.rnc#L3789).
Also, I sincerely doubt anyone has already customised DocBook layouts and
would benefit from any large-scale conversion (this being a very
small-scale change, I believe that the benefits would even be lower).