[LyX/master] Transform simple search dialog to dock widget (#2625)

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sun Feb 14 18:33:03 UTC 2021

Le 14/02/2021 à 18:39, Stephan Witt a écrit :
> So the attached patch helps. I’d like to apply it.

-	BufferView const * bv_;
+	BufferView const * bv_ = {};

I am a bit surpisez by these fluctoating notations. Am I right that it
is the same to write:
BufferView const * bv_ {};
BufferView const * bv_ = {};
BufferView const * bv_ = {nullptr};
BufferView const * bv_ = nullptr;

Why do we need to have all these possibilities? In particular the first
one is weird to me.

Is there a reason why initializing to {} eems better than initializing
to nullptr? Isn't the later more explicit?

I am asking, because this is probably something that belongs to our code
rules.

JMarc