[RFC] Simple Search to Bottom Dock

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sat Feb 13 21:48:46 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 08:35:27PM +0100, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 05:33:10PM +0100, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> > Am Samstag, dem 13.02.2021 um 17:19 +0100 schrieb Pavel Sanda:
> > > The hope of the switching to bar was to minimize space in a way like
> > > firefox does, i.e. basically one-liner.
> >
> > Firefox only has find, not replace.
> >
> > > So any switch which would collapse this dialog
> > > into way smaller beast would be appreciated...
> >
> > Yes. The price would be an extra click for replace, though (and option
> > setting).
>
> I do replace once a month while find 5xtimes a day, so the extra click
> for replace does not really hurt.

What if we get rid of the non-advanced replace? That is, if users want so use replace, they need to go to Edit > Find & Replace (Advanced). Having a simple find bar with no replace functionality and then a separate dialog if the user wants to do replace seems consistent with Libre Office. I don't use LO much though so perhaps I missed something when checking.

Scott