2.4 alpha2 failing on windows 10

Thibaut Cuvelier tcuvelier at lyx.org
Fri Feb 12 04:19:21 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 20:52, Thibaut Cuvelier <tcuvelier at lyx.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 20:05, José Abílio Matos <jamatos at lyx.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, February 11, 2021 4:02:19 PM WET Yu Jin wrote:
>> > Will be pointless imo, it's not the script's fault that python is not
>> found.
>> > The fault is to be searched in the part of code which adds the prefix
>> path
>> > to the environment, which part would that be? After all when installing,
>> > the installer adds the prefix path to its environment too on runtime
>> while
>> > installing and then calls the script, it is successful then.
>>
>> Does Tools->Reconfigure works after adding the python path in the
>> environment
>> variable?
>>
>> I expect it to work. If it works that means that the configure.py changes
>> are
>> not the culprit.
>>

> In my case, LyX can reconfigure once its PATH includes Python.

I just checked that the situation is quite weird: in Tools > Preferences >
Paths, I have "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
2.9\miktex\bin\x64;$LyXDir\bin;$LyXDir\Python;$LyXDir\Python\Lib;$LyXDir\imagemagick;$LyXDir\ghostscript\bin",
meaning that LyX should really consider its built-in version of Python, but
(re)configure always fails if Python is not in the environment variable
PATH does not contain Python before LyX starts.