2.4 alpha2 failing on windows 10

Thibaut Cuvelier tcuvelier at lyx.org
Wed Feb 10 19:14:38 UTC 2021

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 18:34, José Abílio Matos <jamatos at lyx.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 12:48:17 PM WET Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > @José : reconfiguring LyX does not solve the problem. It really looks
> like
> > it cannot find Python.
>
> We did not change the python detection code since alpha-1... :-(

However, this must be the cause of the problems. I just tried adding Python
to the PATH environment variable, and everything worked perfectly.

Maybe LyX is tricked in some way by the python.exe that Microsoft puts in
the PATH? (It's not a real Python, just something that tells you how to
install it.) With this, you can start "a Python executable", but it will
not execute any script (I believe it always returns an error code).