[LyX/master] Fixup 294e4884: center correctly Abstract label when paragraph is empty

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Tue Feb 9 02:57:47 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 03:23:55PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> commit 824d1c993a138d051c79149fc4b27e1c002736a4
> Author: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes at lyx.org>
> Date:   Tue Jan 5 14:53:15 2021 +0100
>
>     Fixup 294e4884: center correctly Abstract label when paragraph is empty
>
>     When a paragraph is empty, it was not possible to query what the left
>     margin would be for an hypothetical second row.
>
>     Modify TextMetrics::leftMargin so that it does not test
>     whether position is after the last position of the paragraph.
>
>     Cosmetics: set the size of label to "small" for Abstract layout in
>     standard classes and reduce the spacing between label and text.
>
>     Fixes remainder of #11939.
> ---

I'm not sure if this commit is the cause of a change in behavior, but I
think it's related. To reproduce, open the attached example file. The
"1." from the enumerate is to the left of the "red nesting bars". A
similar issue occurs if instead of enumerate "Remark" is used. I think
the empty paragraph before the enumerate plays a role in what's going
on. If the empty paragraph is removed, the text issue goes away.

Can you reproduce?

Scott