DocBook to ePub

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sun Feb 7 10:45:33 UTC 2021

Am Sun, 7 Feb 2021 11:28:04 +0100
schrieb Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>:

> Am Sun, 7 Feb 2021 10:16:41 +0100
> schrieb Pavel Sanda <sanda at lyx.org>:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 06:36:17AM +0100, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > > I've just pushed patches for these problems. Quotes are required in some
> > > edge cases on Windows, so I added a switch based on the OS (a cleaner
> > > solution would be to use the subprocess module, but its current API was
> > > added in Python 3.5). The second error is due to an older version of
> > > Python: I added a work-around that should work on all versions, and at
> > > least it still works for me.
> >
> > I can confirm that epub export works now (stable debian here).
> > The text and structure looks correct, tables are broken (not sure whether
> > they are supposed to work at all).
> >
> > Good job Thibaut,
> > Pavel
>
> How can we check that the resulting epub is valid?
> E.g. should we use ctest for epub exports (like docbook5) ?
>
> This could result in some additional work for you Thibaut.
>
> 	Kornel

I still cannot successfully export
Attached log signalls that saxon6.5.5.jar is used from
/usr/local/share/lyx2.4/scripts/../scripts/saxon6.5.5.jar
but it is not installed there. OTOH, I don't need it there, because
the installed version at /usr/share/java/saxon.jar works.

Also the docbook/epub3/chunk.xsl is not installed,
that is cmake misses to the .xsl files. I try to correct this.

	Kornel