Problems with KableExtra

tkpmep at gmail.com tkpmep at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:37:30 UTC 2021

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this problem, but either LyX and / or
kableExtra seems to have a bug, as I described in my StackOverflow post
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66039065/lyx-kableextra-problem-perhaps
-a-bug-in-column-spec). The attached minimal example generates a small table
using kableExtra with and without the use of column_spec to control column
width. If I don't use column_spec, it works just fine, but if I do use
column_spec, I get an incomprehensible error message (just look at the Stack
Overflow post), and the table goes awry. I have attached the LyX file and
the pdf output, and would be appreciative if someone can determine whether
the problem lies within LyX on kableExtra, and how it might be fixed. We
have also reached out to the kableExtra developer, but have not heard back
from him.

Apologies if this is the wrong group to post to, but it's the only one that
I'm a member of.

Thomas Philips