Apply for LyX Template Design for MDPI Publishing Ltd.

Enrico Forestieri forenr at lyx.org
Fri Feb 5 22:17:48 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 10:28:03AM -0500, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> On 2/5/21 5:41 AM, Latex wrote:
> > Dear LyX Supporter,
> >
> > We hope you are doing well.
> > This is MDPI Academic Publishing Company.
> > Recently, we hope to set a LyX template according to MDPI layout format, the template source using LyX software is similar to Elsevier company (Refer to below picture), that the users can download LyX template with MDPI layout format from LyX website.
>
> Terrific!

Really ;)

> > If we hope to set this template, how should we do and what files can we prepare?
>
> I would think the only thing you need is a LyX layout file, comparable to
> the elsart.layout and elsarticle.layout files that ship with LyX. These
> files tell LyX what the capabilities of the associated LaTeX class file are.
> Details on the format can be found in Chapter 5 of the Customization manual.

Please, find attached a usable layout and template document.
It is far from being complete, though.

--
Enrico
-------------- next part --------------

Format 66
Input stdclass.inc

SecNumDepth	3
TocDepth	3

NoStyle Chapter
NoCounter chapter
NoStyle Chapter*
NoStyle Part
NoCounter part
NoStyle Part*
NoStyle Abstract
NoStyle Right_Address

Style Title
  InPreamble	1
  LatexName	Title
  Align		Left
End

Style Orcid_Author
  Margin	First_Dynamic
  InPreamble	1
  LatexType	Command
  LatexName	newcommand
  Category	FrontMatter
  LabelType	Static
  LabelString	"Orcid: "
  PassThru	true
  Argument 1
    Mandatory	1
    AutoInsert	1
    LabelString	"Author ID"
    Tooltip	"Insert \orcidauthorA for first author, \orcidauthorB for the second author and so on. Then insert \orcidA{} and so on after each author"
    PassThruChars	"\"
  EndArgument
End

Style Author
  InPreamble	1
  LatexName	Author
  Align		Left
End

Style Author_Names_for_PDF
  CopyStyle	Author
  LatexName	AuthorNames
  TopSep	-1.3
  Font
    Size   Small
    Color  Gray
  EndFont
End

Style Address
  InPreamble	1
  LatexName	address
  Preamble
  EndPreamble
  BottomSep	-0.01
  Font
    Size   Small
  EndFont
End

Style Correspondent
  CopyStyle	Address
  Margin	First_Dynamic
  LatexName	corres
  LabelType	Static
  LabelString	"* "
  BottomSep	-0.01
End

Style Conference
  CopyStyle	Address
  Margin	First_Dynamic
  LatexName	conference
  LabelType	Static
  LabelString	"? "
End

Style Abstract
  Margin	First_Dynamic
  InPreamble	1
  LatexType	Command
  LatexName	abstract
  Category	FrontMatter
  TopSep	0.7
  BottomSep	0.7
  ParSkip	0.4
  LabelType	Static
  LabelString	"Abstract: "
  Font
    Size   Normal
  EndFont
  LabelFont
    Series Bold
    Size	Normal
  EndFont
End

Style Keywords
  CopyStyle	Abstract
  LatexName	keyword
  LabelString	"Keywords: "
End

-------------- next part --------------
#LyX 2.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 544
\begin_document
\begin_header
\save_transient_properties true
\origin unavailable
\textclass mdpi
\begin_preamble
%  LaTeX support: latex at mdpi.com
%  In case you need support, please attach all files that are necessary for compiling as well as the log file, and specify the details of your LaTeX setup (which operating system and LaTeX version / tools you are using).

%=================================================================
%\documentclass[journal,entropy,submit,moreauthors,pdftex]{Definitions/mdpi}

% If you would like to post an early version of this manuscript as a preprint, you may use preprint as the journal and change 'submit' to 'accept'. The document class line would be, e.g., \documentclass[preprints,article,accept,moreauthors,pdftex]{mdpi}. This is especially recommended for submission to arXiv, where line numbers should be removed before posting. For preprints.org, the editorial staff will make this change immediately prior to posting.

%--------------------
% Class Options:
%--------------------
%----------
% journal
%----------
% Choose between the following MDPI journals:
% acoustics, actuators, addictions, admsci, aerospace, agriculture, agriengineering, agronomy, ai, algorithms, allergies, animals, antibiotics, antibodies, antioxidants, applmech, applnano, applsci, arts, asc, asi, atmosphere, atoms, automation, axioms, batteries, bdcc, behavsci , beverages, bioengineering, biology, biomedicines, biomimetics, biomolecules, biosensors, bloods, brainsci, breath, buildings, cancers, carbon , catalysts, cells, ceramics, challenges, chemengineering, chemistry, chemosensors, children, civileng, cleantechnol, climate, clockssleep, cmd, coatings, colloids, computation, computers, condensedmatter, cosmetics, cryptography, crystals, dairy, data, dentistry, designs , diagnostics, diseases, diversity, drones, econometrics, economies, education, ejbc, ejihpe, electricity, electrochem, electronicmat, electronics, endocrines, energies, entropy, environments, epidemiologia, epigenomes, est, fermentation, fibers, fire, fishes, fluids, foods, forecasting, forests, fractalfract, fuels, futureinternet, futurephys, galaxies, games, gardens, gastrointestdisord, gels, genealogy, genes, geohazards, geosciences, geriatrics, hazardousmatters, healthcare, hearts, heritage, highthroughput, horticulturae, humanities, hydrology, ijerph, ijfs, ijgi, ijms, ijtpp, informatics, information, infrastructures, inorganics, insects, instruments, inventions, iot, j, jcdd, jce, jcm, jcp, jcs, jdb, jfb, jfmk, jimaging, jintelligence, jlpea, jmmp, jmse, jne, jnt, jof, joitmc, journalmedia, jpm, jrfm, jsan, land, languages, laws, life, literature, logistics, lubricants, machines, magnetochemistry, make, marinedrugs, materials, mathematics, mca, medicina, medicines, medsci, membranes, metabolites, metals, microarrays, micromachines, microorganisms, minerals, modelling, molbank, molecules, mps, mti, nanomaterials, ncrna, ijns, neurosci, neuroglia, nitrogen, notspecified, nutrients, obesities, oceans, ohbm, osteology, optics, organics, particles, pathogens, pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutics, pharmacy, philosophies, photonics, physics, plants, plasma, pollutants, polymers, polysaccharides, preprints , proceedings, processes, prosthesis, proteomes, psych, psychiatryint, publications, quantumrep, quaternary, qubs, reactions, recycling, religions, remotesensing, reprodmed, reports, resources, risks, robotics, safety, sci, scipharm, sensors, separations, sexes, signals, sinusitis, skins, smartcities, sna, societies, socsci, soilsystems, sports, standards, stats, surfaces, surgeries, suschem, sustainability, world, symmetry, systems, technologies, telecom, test, tourismhosp, toxics, toxins, transplantology, tropicalmed, universe, urbansci, vaccines, vehicles, vetsci, vibration, viruses, vision, water, wem, wevj

%---------
% article
%---------
% The default type of manuscript is "article", but can be replaced by:
% abstract, addendum, article, benchmark, book, bookreview, briefreport, casereport, changes, comment, commentary, communication, conceptpaper, conferenceproceedings, correction, conferencereport, expressionofconcern, extendedabstract, meetingreport, creative, datadescriptor, discussion, editorial, essay, erratum, hypothesis, interestingimages, letter, meetingreport, newbookreceived, obituary, opinion, projectreport, reply, retraction, review, perspective, protocol, shortnote, supfile, technicalnote, viewpoint
% supfile = supplementary materials

%----------
% submit
%----------
% The class option "submit" will be changed to "accept" by the Editorial Office when the paper is accepted. This will only make changes to the frontpage (e.g., the logo of the journal will get visible), the headings, and the copyright information. Also, line numbering will be removed. Journal info and pagination for accepted papers will also be assigned by the Editorial Office.

%------------------
% moreauthors
%------------------
% If there is only one author the class option oneauthor should be used. Otherwise use the class option moreauthors.

%---------
% pdftex
%---------
% The option pdftex is for use with pdfLaTeX. If eps figures are used, remove the option pdftex and use LaTeX and dvi2pdf.

%=================================================================
\firstpage{1}

\setcounter{page}{\@firstpage}

\pubvolume{xx}
\issuenum{1}
\articlenumber{5}
\pubyear{2020}
\copyrightyear{2020}
%\externaleditor{Academic Editor: name}
\history{Received: date; Accepted: date; Published: date}
%\updates{yes} % If there is an update available, un-comment this line

%% MDPI internal command: uncomment if new journal that already uses continuous page numbers
%\continuouspages{yes}

%------------------------------------------------------------------
% The following line should be uncommented if the LaTeX file is uploaded to arXiv.org
%\pdfoutput=1

%=================================================================
% Add packages and commands here. The following packages are loaded in our class file: fontenc, inputenc, calc, indentfirst, fancyhdr, graphicx,epstopdf, lastpage, ifthen, lineno, float, amsmath, setspace, enumitem, mathpazo, booktabs, titlesec, etoolbox, tabto, xcolor, soul, multirow, microtype, tikz, totcount, amsthm, hyphenat, natbib, hyperref, footmisc, url, geometry, newfloat, caption

%=================================================================
%% Please use the following mathematics environments: Theorem, Lemma, Corollary, Proposition, Characterization, Property, Problem, Example, ExamplesandDefinitions, Hypothesis, Remark, Definition, Notation, Assumption
%% For proofs, please use the proof environment (the amsthm package is loaded by the MDPI class).

%=================================================================

% The fields PACS, MSC, and JEL may be left empty or commented out if not applicable
%\PACS{J0101}
%\MSC{}
%\JEL{}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Only for the journal Diversity
%\LSID{\url{http://}}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Only for the journal Applied Sciences:
%\featuredapplication{Authors are encouraged to provide a concise description of the specific application or a potential application of the work. This section is not mandatory.}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Only for the journal Data:
%\dataset{DOI number or link to the deposited data set in cases where the data set is published or set to be published separately. If the data set is submitted and will be published as a supplement to this paper in the journal Data, this field will be filled by the editors of the journal. In this case, please make sure to submit the data set as a supplement when entering your manuscript into our manuscript editorial system.}

%\datasetlicense{license under which the data set is made available (CC0, CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, CC-BY-NC, etc.)}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Only for the journal Toxins
%\keycontribution{The breakthroughs or highlights of the manuscript. Authors can write one or two sentences to describe the most important part of the paper.}

\usepackage{algorithmic}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{units}
\usepackage{amstext}
\usepackage{amsthm}
% \usepackage{algorithm}
\usepackage{algorithmic}
\providecommand{\tabularnewline}{\\}
\floatstyle{ruled}
\newfloat{algorithm}{tbp}{loa}
\providecommand{\algorithmname}{Algorithm}
\floatname{algorithm}{\protect\algorithmname}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Textclass specific LaTeX commands.
\theoremstyle{plain}
\newtheorem{thm}{\protect\theoremname}\theoremstyle{remark}
\newtheorem{rem}[thm]{\protect\remarkname}\usepackage{babel}
\providecommand{\remarkname}{Remark}
\providecommand{\theoremname}{Theorem}

%\setcounter{secnumdepth}{4}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\end_preamble
\options applsci,article,submit,moreauthors,pdftex,linesnumbered,ruled,vlined,linesnumbered,ruled,vlined
\use_default_options false
\begin_modules
algorithm2e
theorems-ams
\end_modules
\maintain_unincluded_children false
\language english
\language_package default
\inputencoding default
\fontencoding default
\font_roman "default" "default"
\font_sans "default" "default"
\font_typewriter "default" "default"
\font_math "auto" "auto"
\font_default_family default
\use_non_tex_fonts false
\font_sc false
\font_osf false
\font_sf_scale 100 100
\font_tt_scale 100 100
\use_microtype false
\use_dash_ligatures true
\graphics default
\default_output_format default
\output_sync 0
\bibtex_command default
\index_command default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\use_hyperref false
\papersize default
\use_geometry false
\use_package amsmath 1
\use_package amssymb 2
\use_package cancel 0
\use_package esint 1
\use_package mathdots 0
\use_package mathtools 0
\use_package mhchem 0
\use_package stackrel 0
\use_package stmaryrd 0
\use_package undertilde 0
\cite_engine basic
\cite_engine_type default
\biblio_style plain
\use_bibtopic false
\use_indices false
\paperorientation portrait
\suppress_date false
\justification true
\use_refstyle 0
\use_minted 0
\index Index
\shortcut idx
\color #008000
\end_index
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\paragraph_indentation default
\is_math_indent 0
\math_numbering_side default
\quotes_style english
\dynamic_quotes 0
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default
\tracking_changes false
\output_changes false
\html_math_output 0
\html_css_as_file 0
\html_be_strict false
\end_header

\begin_body

\begin_layout Title
This is the Title of the Paper
\end_layout

\begin_layout Orcid Author
\begin_inset Argument 1
status open

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
orcidauthorA
\end_layout

\end_inset

0000-0002-3571-202X
\end_layout

\begin_layout Orcid Author
\begin_inset Argument 1
status open

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
orcidauthorB
\end_layout

\end_inset

0000-0001-6802-8104
\end_layout

\begin_layout Orcid Author
\begin_inset Argument 1
status open

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
orcidauthorC
\end_layout

\end_inset

0000-0001-5883-5850
\end_layout

\begin_layout Author
First Author
\begin_inset Formula $^{1,2}$
\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
orcidA{}
\end_layout

\end_inset

* and Second Author
\begin_inset Formula $^{1,2}$
\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
orcidB{}
\end_layout

\end_inset

 and Third Author
\begin_inset Formula $^{1,2}$
\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
orcidC{}
\end_layout

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Author Names for PDF
First Author and Second Author and Third Author
\end_layout

\begin_layout Address
\begin_inset Formula $^{1}$
\end_inset

\begin_inset space \quad{}
\end_inset

Affiliation 1; name.surname at institution.edu
\begin_inset Newline newline
\end_inset

\begin_inset Formula $^{2}$
\end_inset

\begin_inset space \quad{}
\end_inset

Affiliation 2
\end_layout

\begin_layout Correspondent
Correspondence: first.author at institution.edu
\end_layout

\begin_layout Conference
Conference name
\end_layout

\begin_layout Abstract
Blah, blah, blah.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Keywords
key1; key2; key3
\end_layout

\begin_layout Section
Introduction
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
Blah, blah, blah.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Section
Conclusion
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
Blah, blah, blah.
\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
funding
\end_layout

\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

{
\end_layout

\end_inset

This research received no external funding
\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

}
\end_layout

\end_inset

\end_layout

\begin_layout Standard
\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

\backslash
conflictsofinterest
\end_layout

\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

{
\end_layout

\end_inset

The authors declare no conflict of interest.
\begin_inset ERT
status collapsed

\begin_layout Plain Layout

}