Beta 1

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Mon Apr 12 10:58:40 UTC 2021

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 02:25:11AM -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> So how about a Beta 1 soon?

Great idea, we should announce epub export available to get some testing.

> I guess that means total feature freeze and only serious bug fixes in master.

Feature freeze definitely, I would still allow format and string changes
if it's parts of normal bugs targetted to 2.4. Maybe reseting 2.4 milestones
in abandoned bugs would give clear picture what to expect :)

> Do we start translations then? with the understanding that such string
> changes henceforth should be essential only?

I wouldn't do string freeze right now, but announce it's coming and
translators can feel safe to start working, because additional changes
will be small.