FriCAS and Lyx

Ralf Hemmecke ralf at hemmecke.org
Sun Apr 11 16:35:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am one of the developers of the free computer algebra system FriCAS.

http://fricas.github.io/
( newer version of the website currently under review at
https://hemmecke.github.io/fricas/ )

Recently, I realized that Lyx developed into a system with connections
to a number of computer algebra systems. Since I am the person who
improved the LaTeX output of FriCAS and I am one of the authors of
jFriCAS (https://jfricas.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)
(html rendered output (through MathJax) for example at
https://fricas.github.io/fricas-notebooks/index.html ),
I was wondering whether Lyx would like to make a connection to FriCAS.

Question here is how we can do this? It certainly needs people from the
Lyx and the FriCAS. Is there interest? How difficult would it be?

Ralf