Display created docbook

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Tue Sep 29 07:18:29 UTC 2020

Am Mon, 28 Sep 2020 20:30:00 -0400
schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>:

> On 9/28/20 7:19 PM, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Mon, 28 Sep 2020 16:54:44 -0400
> > schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>:

> >> Someone can certainly do the conversion to Python.
> >>
> >> Is it worth an enhancement request to the gnumeric people to include
> >> docbook-compatible output? Can't be that hard.
> >>
> >> Riki
> >>

> > The output of ssconvert _is_ docbook compatible. But it contains also the document
> > header which we have to discard because we need the table definition only.
>
> I see. They should have an option for that. But since they don't, it
> will be easy to write a python script to strip the header. What output
> format do you use?
>
> Riki

The output format is 'xhtml_table'

\Format xhtml_table xhtml "XHTML Table (for spreadsheets)" "" "" "gnumeric" "document"
""
\converter gnumeric xhtml_table "perl $$s/scripts/wssconvert
--export-type=Gnumeric_html:xhtml $$i $$o" ""
\converter oocalc xhtml_table "perl $$s/scripts/wssconvert
--export-type=Gnumeric_html:xhtml $$i $$o" ""
\converter excel  xhtml_table "perl $$s/scripts/wssconvert
--export-type=Gnumeric_html:xhtml $$i $$o" ""
\converter excel2 xhtml_table "perl $$s/scripts/wssconvert
--export-type=Gnumeric_html:xhtml $$i $$o" ""

Also the change in lib/xtemplates/gnumeric.xtemplate is needed for 'Format DocBook'
-               Product "[Spreadsheet: $$FName]"
+               Product "$$Contents(\"$$AbsPath$$Basename.xhtml\")"
+               UpdateFormat xhtml_table
+               UpdateResult "$$AbsPath$$Basename.xhtml"

	Kornel