Minor comments on the new counter feature

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Tue Sep 29 02:11:28 UTC 2020

On 6/14/20 11:10 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 10:52:31PM -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
>> On 5/3/20 10:26 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>>> Riki, thanks for your work on the counter inset!
>>>
>>> Can this feature be used to set an enumerate to start with 2? See
>>> attached for my naive attempt. It doesn't work because the counter is
>>> reset to 1 when the enumerate begins. I can put it in a "list preamble"
>>> inset inside the enumerate and then the PDF output is correct, but then
>>> the LyX display is not correct.
>>>
>>> Also, should the inset label display the value of the counter?
>> Sorry, Scott, missed this email. Will have a look shortly.
> Thanks, Riki. There's no hurry, although I am curious about it.

The attached file shows how to do it now. The complication is that you
have to override the default "PassThru 1" setting on the list preamble.
I've done that here in Local Layout...and had to modify the code a bit
to make it work properly. But it does now work.

You do know about the *Resume layouts in the Customizable Lists module?
Or is there another use case?