DocBook v2

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sat Sep 19 04:16:15 UTC 2020

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 04:02:00AM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:

> I finally managed to get everything working on my machine (the most
> complicated part was getting the right paths to CMake through my IDE…). By
> the way, the wiki is updated on this, in case anyone else would need it.

Thanks for updating the Wiki page.

> The last patch on the DocBook branch fixes a large part of the regressions.

Looks good here too! Nice work figuring out the issue.

> I noticed three new tests that fail:
>
> export/templates/Articles/Association_for_Computing_Machinery_%28ACM%29_xhtml
> export/export/docbook/A0_Poster_Simple_xhtml
> export/templates/Posters/A0_Poster/Simple_xhtml

If you think it will not be easy to fix the three failing xhtml tests,
then I suggest the following:

1. merge (if you are comfortable) to master
2. create a trac ticket (or multiple tickets if there is more than one
   core issue) setting the component to "xhtml export"
3. invert the tests by adding them to the file development/autotests/invertedTests
   (I am happy to edit this file if you prefer for me to take care of it).
   Please add a comment next to the entry in invertedTests with the trac
   ticket you create. If you are curious about the intuition of adding them to
   the inverted tests file, see the section "Interpreting the export
   test results" in the Development.lyx manual.

Kornel might have a better idea than the above suggestion.

> There is also one crash, but I could reproduce it on older LyX versions
> (before the first DocBook commit was merged).

Are you referring to "de/UserGuide_xhtml"? For me, the ctest first
starts failing as of a6b07608.

Thanks again for all of your work on this, Thibaut.

Scott