Redundant \cmidrule commands in formal tables

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Fri Sep 18 11:33:51 UTC 2020

Am Freitag, den 18.09.2020, 22:50 +1200 schrieb Andrew Parsloe:
> I've attached a mwe. I created a 2 row, 3 column table, changed to
> Formal Style, cleared the internal rules (leaving top and bottom
> rules), then joined the 2nd and 3rd cells of the top row using the
> button on the table toolbar. Now clicking the lower border button
> with the cursor in the combined cell produces the duplicate \cmidrule
> commands (as viewed in the Code Preview Pane).

Thanks. I see it in 2.3.x, but not in 2.4.x, where the table is
exported as

\begin{tabular}{ccc}
\toprule
 & \multicolumn{2}{c}{}\tabularnewline
\cmidrule{2-3}
 &  & \tabularnewline
\bottomrule
\end{tabular}

As this is a mere cosmetic issue and since 2.4.x has a completely
reworked and extended cmidrule handling which cannot be backported, I
propose we leave things as they are.

Jürgen