New master behavior for placing entire paragraph in inset

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sun Sep 13 20:51:32 UTC 2020

Le 13/09/2020 à 07:57, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> If I select the text "two" and put it into a LyX note or a branch, the
> entire item is placed in the inset. This is different from 2.3.x, where
> only the text is placed in the inset. This new feature is great! It will
> be one of my favorite features of 2.4.x.

I am glad you like it. I do not know what took me so long to actually do
it, considering the time I spent pestering about that.

> Would it be reasonable to _not_ start a new list in this case? I have no
> idea if that's reasonable but thought I would ask. The reason is that it
> affects spacing. Also, in the attached .lyx file, (I think) my preferred
> behavior would be for the enum to continue, not to start a new one.
>
> Another question related to this: should the output from a branch inset
> that is enabled be equivalent to the output as if the inset were
> dissolved?

Normally it should (for both questions). The problem is that we should
have code that considers specially a paragraph which contains only an
inset which sole behavior is to enable or disable the paragraph.

I am not sure how to design this at the level of the document, and I
fear there are lots of places in the code that should be modified to
make this work. I would start with the outerHook method and friends, but
I am not sure how many other places would have to change.

JMarc