DocBook v2

Thibaut Cuvelier tcuvelier at lyx.org
Thu Sep 10 22:57:56 UTC 2020

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 20:02, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh at lyx.org> wrote:

> SIGSEGV. I

> > > Actually, I can't reproduce with the latest commit
> > > (56cff03a88fbca2482a6e0e2928e13d3d21c7faa); it also gives meaningful
> output
> > > (not yet valid DocBook, but at least parsable XML). I already saw
> crashes
> > > in isspace, I thought it was due to Visual C++'s stdlib, but no (it was
> > > somewhere else).
> > >
> > > I made a change (eeedeb8a20e5bfd062943f794f10814b6c6f78b5). Could you
> check
> > > one again on your side? That would be best if we could find what causes
> > > these issues… I thought the STL was quite reliable!
> >
> > I still see the crash. Let's first wait to see if others can reproduce.
> > Perhaps it's something strange on my system.
>
> Sorry, Thibaut. I forgot to specify that I see the crash with the
> Embedded Objects *when exporting to HTML*. Can you the crash when
> exporting to HTML? I use the following command:
>
>   lyx -e xhtml EmbeddedObjects.lyx

I just committed two patches for that on the DocBook branch. The first one
is an ugly fix for the crash I could see (but this situation could still
happen in some other cases, if things are going extremely bad), the second
fixes the root cause for that crash.

Also, I  see warnings when exporting to docbook5:

> $ lyx -e docbook5 EmbeddedObjects.lyx
> xml.cpp (177): Tried to close `emphasis' when no tags were open!
> xml.cpp (177): Tried to close `emphasis' when no tags were open!
> xml.cpp (177): Tried to close `emphasis' when no tags were open!

The DocBook output has much fewer warnings than XHTML (albeit a large part
of them is related to outputting images), and as there are only three of
them remaining, I guess it's possible to have it produce zero warnings even
in that case :)! (Well, for a valid DocBook document, that's something
else, I suppose…)