[LyX/master] Implement properly \limits and \nolimits

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Wed Sep 9 08:33:44 UTC 2020

Le 09/09/2020 à 01:41, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
>> No, you did it right. My point was that the other patch was only hiding
>> the problem.
>
> In the absence of comments from JMarc, I committed the patch at fcd14df2.

Sorry for not responding earlier. For me the fact that macros take their
dependencies from their contents is a feature, because this is what we
want in general: with the spacing code introduced in 2.3, it is almost
always possible to use the real macro definition. In the case of \int,
all we have to do is to impose requirements to \oint.

Do you have a concrete case in mind where deriving requirements from the
contents of the macro goes wrong? Note that in this case, we could
decide that the requirements given to the macro override whatever is
decided from its contents.

JMarc