Cursor intersects with \cap

Enrico Forestieri forenr at lyx.org
Mon Sep 7 22:11:25 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 03:52:11PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> To reproduce, open the attached file. Put the cursor just after \cap. It
> might help to zoom in. For me, it shows that the cursor intersects the
> \cap.

For me it does not intersect but the cursor is practically attached to \cap.
However, I see that it also depends on what symbol follows. If I add a
single letter just after \cap, the spacing between \cap and the cursor
increases. So, maybe the problem is with the metrics of the following
symbol (the left bearing, perhaps).

> I see this on master and 2.3.x, but not on 2.3.0. I think it's because
> there were improvements with respect to 2.3.0 to spacing with these
> types of operators.

Likely. Possibly the culprit is 79998fdc. However, after that commit,
the "2" in \int_0^2 does not clash with the integral anymore.
It seems that you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

--
Enrico