Regression while adding unnumbered chapters to ToC?

V K sovhist at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 17:22:00 UTC 2020

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 08:08:20 PM GMT+3, V K <sovhist at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all.

Out of curiosity I compiled Lyx from master to see how it works. And it is very stable and working well. I finished writing my article with it without an issues. There are some very good improvements over 2.3 (for me the biggest one is better handling of postnotes and prenotes in the footnotes). So I want to thank all developers for hard work and fantastic result. For me Lyx is far better, than standard office suites though I'm humanitarian and don't need formulas.

So I opened file of the book (report class) I was writing in Lyx 2.3 (and it compiles) in Lyx 2.4 and it won't compile with error: "! LaTeX Error: Command \k unavailable in encoding OT1."
I tried various options to find the cause (maybe that depends on the fact that I constantly need use cyrillic Russian books in bibliography and so on – some of errors while changing options pointed to cyrrilic footnotes, but that can be another issue).
I think I narrowed cause and the problem is with ERT solutions how to insert unnumbered chapter to ToC.
If I remove line \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{Įvadas} document compiles. It compiles even after removing unicode letter "Į" from that line: \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{vadas} (it compiles from the second try).
The same thing is with longer solution to add all unnumbered chapters to ToC from there: https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/185367/add-an-unnmbered-section-to-the-table-of-contents-in-lyx
Line \markboth{Įvadas}{Įvadas} creates problem using fancy pagestyle and removing "Į" cures that.
So I can't add unnumbered chapters to ToC.
I changed language of the document to Latvian, English and it compiles fine. Maybe the cause is that there wasn't Lithuanian .lbx biblatex file till now (I created such and it is incorporated in biblatex 3.15, but version in my computer is 3.14). There is a lot of languages without .lbx. So this is regression?

Linux Manjaro
Lyx Version 2.4.0dev
Built from git commit hash 08725c58
Qt Version (run-time): 5.15.0
Qt Version (compile-time): 5.15.0

Best regards,
Valdemaras

Sorry, forgot add files. The same document from Lyx version 2.3 and 2.4.