DocBook v2

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Thu Sep 3 18:23:17 UTC 2020

On 9/3/20 1:12 PM, Kornel Benko wrote:
> Am Thu, 3 Sep 2020 12:47:16 -0400
> schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>:
>
>> On 9/3/20 3:36 AM, Kornel Benko wrote:

>>> Riki, I cannot see anything in this file which could signal 'local' ...
>> What I mean is: These branch names are determined by what is in your
>> .git/config file and don't necessarily correspond to anything on the LyX
>> server. You probably have two branches both attached to the same branch
>> on the features repo.
>>
>> Riki
>>

>>> 	Kornel
>>
> Hm, but the refs
> 	merge = refs/heads/features/docbook
> and
> 	merge = refs/heads/feature/docbook
> indicate (to me) different remote branches.

Not necessarily. It depends how certain other things are set up on your
machine. I think the confusion must trace to the fact that in the
'features' repo there is a branch called 'feature/docbook'. So I see, e.g.:

> git branch -a | grep docbook
  remotes/features/feature/docbook

It's possible that one of these is an old an inactive branch that got
renamed or something.

> I tried to remove the entry, still 'git branch -r' is showing me the same as before.
> (Didn't dare to use 'git branch -d features/docbook')

It's fine to do that. It will only remove the branch on your machine.
Whatever head it points at will still be there. I'd be inclined to start
over, in fact: remove both branches and then check out
features/feature/docbook again (with the -t switch).

You might also try: git fetch --prune features (assuming that 'features'
is what that remote is named on your machine---you can give it a
different name if you wish just for local use).