display of $int...$ under QT5

Cor Blom cornelisbb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 05:45:44 UTC 2020

Op 01-09-2020 om 22:21 schreef Enrico Forestieri:
> We already have an elegant solution. We rely on Qt to do the right thing
> with QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont(), but on linux it does not work
> right, contrarily to Windows (and I think MacOS) where it works well.
> In this case it should suffice to directly add the lyx font directory
> to the fontconfig paths. The fonts ditributed with lyx are a superset
> of the texlive ones and could also replace them. However, this is not
> necessary because we can find our fonts by requesting the style "LyX",
> provided that fontconfig can find them.

I think I know why it does not work. The lyx fonts are installed in
/usr/share/lyx/fonts and it looks to me this is kind of hardcoded,
because "lyx -dbg font" only gives OK for me when the fonts are in that
directory.

Fontconfig, however, does not look into that directory. So "fc-match -v
"esint10: style=lyx" | grep file:" only give me the correct result when
the lyx fonts are in /usr/share/fonts.

When I add /usr/share/lyx/fonts to the directories where fontconfig
looks, then it all works as it should. I can solve this by adding a
fontconfig configuration file to the package.

Does this sound right to you?

Regards,

Cor