display of $int...$ under QT5

Enrico Forestieri forenr at lyx.org
Tue Sep 1 13:49:15 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:11:56PM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 07:08:31PM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> >
> > At this moment I would like to ask other people on this list, whether
> > they can sucesfully load fonts/test/check_glyphs.lyx and display
> > esint glyphs (in particular oiint and alignment of limits around \int)
> > in any Qt >= 5.12.7 to check whether this is systemic problem or
> > something related to openSuse packaging.
>
> I have no issues with Qt 5.15.0. From the screenshots, it seems that
> a wrong font is loaded. I suggest running "lyx -dbg font", load a
> document with an integral sign and watch for the loading of esint10.
> If one gets
> frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (205): Looking for font family esint10 ...
> frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (188): got: esint10
> frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (195):  got it
> frontends/qt/GuiFontLoader.cpp (215): lyx!
>
> then it's the correct font. But if it does not say "lyx!", another
> font (not the one distributed with lyx) is being loaded.
>
> The following command might shed some light on which font file is used:
> fc-match -v esint10 | grep file:

The attached patch should show which font file lyx uses for math fonts.
This is only for linux. You have to configure lyx using LIBS=-lfontconfig,
i.e., "configure [your usual options here] LIBS=-lfontconfig".

After building lyx, create a new document and then a math inset.
You should then see all used font files printed in the terminal.

--
Enrico