2.4.0 testing on windows 10

Andrew Parsloe ajparsloe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 09:06:59 UTC 2020

I've installed 2.4.0 testing on a windows 10 machine.

1. when launching LyX the command window remains open.

2. the first preview encountered (e.g. math inset with preview On)
generates this message twice in the command window:

RunCommand: could not terminate child process: Invalid argument

Subsequent previews do not generate the message.

3. a small cosmetic detail. The File menu lists Open Example after Open
Recent and just above a separator. People moving from 2.3 are used to
finding the recent files just above the separator. I think it would be
better to place Open Example just after New from Template

Attempts to compile some complex documents have not been successful
initially, but I'll need to investigate further tomorrow.

Andrew