Refactoring patches

Yuriy Skalko yuriy.skalko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:57:50 UTC 2020

> 1, 2, 9 are good to go.

Committed these.

> For 8 I do not understand the +#include "insets/Inset.h" part yet.

Since CutAndPaste.h depends on Inset. It was included from Clipboard.h,
that includes it from Cursor.h, that includes it from DocIterator.h,
that includes it from CursorSlice.h that includes it finally from
Inset.h. Yes, it was deep enough :)

> For the .cpp patches, by "manual" you mean that you checked that
> the structures in deleted includes are not used in the .cpp file?

Yes.

> I think that we have lot of dependencies hidden through the transitive process.
>
> Going the direction you propose would mean slightly longer compile times,
> (I belive quite) longer include section and the order would deteriorate quite
> quickly because compiler will not warn you when some include was missed thanks
> to the transitivity of others.
>
> Pavel

OK. I agree that without compiler support it will be not so great. So we
have to wait till ~2028 and LyX 2.7dev using C++20 :)

Yuriy