Refactoring patches

José Abílio Matos jamatos at lyx.org
Tue Oct 13 17:52:21 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 4:40:51 PM WEST Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> Suggestion: Let's see if we can get people on different platforms and
> with different compilers to try the patch. As has already been said, we
> do occasionally run into cases where includes are needed sometimes but
> not others.
>
> Me: Fedora 31, gcc 9.3.1, all is well.
>
> Riki

I will be picky :-) -- SCNR as a mathematician -- but the important part is
not the compiler but the standard lib used.

I had this epiphany because I had initially compiled with gcc 10.2.1 in Fedora
33, it worked, and then I repeated the same procedure with clang 11.

Before the compilation was over I knew that, excluding any compiler bug, the
result should be the same since in Fedora both gcc and clang use libstdc++
(the GNU Standard C++ Library) in Fedora. The results could differ with clang
and libc++.

Since Yuriy is using apple's clang this is covered (at least for the current
libc++).

--
José Abílio