warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-deprecated-copy'

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sun Oct 11 20:07:27 UTC 2020

Le 11/10/2020 à 21:06, Stephan Witt a écrit :
>> What do you think of the attached patch? It tests the compiler behavior instead of relying on the version.
>>
>> With Apple clang on missing -Wno-deprecated-copy support it works.
>
> Oh, that was the wrong patch. The correct one is attached now.

It is indeed a possibility. My idea was to separate completely clang
from apple-clang and treat them as separate compilers. We should forget
the idea that clang has something to do with apple-clang in terms of
versions.

Concerning testing features, this is nice, but I am not sure that the
fact that -Wno-deprecated-copy is available means that it is useful. I
have to think about it, but it could be the way to go, actually.

JMarc