warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-deprecated-copy'

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Fri Oct 9 10:18:12 UTC 2020

[reply on lyx-devel, since this is not something I 100% understand]

Le 08/10/2020 à 09:32, racoon a écrit :
> I am getting lots of
>
> warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-deprecated-copy'; did you mean
> '-Wno-deprecated'?
>        [-Wunknown-warning-option]
>
> I have
>
> % clang --version
> Apple clang version 11.0.3 (clang-1103.0.32.62)
>
> I guess this is due to change set 24fb0ff8ef: Use -Wno-deprecated-copy
> also with clang++ 11
>
> Am I missing some setting or is there something wrong with the commit?

Hi Daniel,

I think the issue is: are there differences between clang 11 and apple
clang 11 ? Or worse, do they have anything in common. I know apple clang
numbering used to be ugly, but I thought these days were gone.

So this seems to tell me that apple clang does not handle this warning
-Wdeprecated-copy. Do you have warnings when you revert the commit above?

Where do I get the list of warning options in apple clang? All I found
is a meager "user guide".

I guess I have to improve autoconf to detect this particular version too.

Did you have warnings with apple clang 10? The warning was already used
there.

JMarc