DocBook milestone: most tests pass!

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Sun Nov 29 06:44:00 UTC 2020

On 11/28/20 12:10 AM, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> The latest DocBook commit marks a milestone: almost all tests pass!
> This means that, for many documents, the DocBook output from LyX is
> really useable as-is. Many tests are inverted, but it's usually for
> quite minor details (a few DocBook-validation errors) due to the
> templates: in these cases, the output will need only minor changes
> before being used; for actual documents, most quirks do not happen at
> all (e.g., people have a bibliography, not just a stub inset with no
> actual bibliography behind it). This seems to pave the way for an ePub
> output :)!
> I would really like to thank Kornel for all the help he gave me on
> this endeavour!

Yes, great work Kornel! And Pavel, earlier in the process! And Scott!

I really should use the test infrastructure more myself. Once I get back
to the macro code, I'll be in touch....

> Is there any GUI tool to edit layouts? It would have been very useful
> to have such a thing that computes the complete set of properties for
> each style, saying where each property is inherited from.
Oft-requested feature. Would be great to have, but no one has found it
sufficiently pressing. I'd be happy to help if you wanted to work on
that once you're done with this!!