ctests: How to protect against tests accidentally being ignored? i.e., ctest -N changing

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Thu Nov 26 18:03:41 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 05:32:41PM +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:
> On Thursday, November 26, 2020 5:30:10 PM WET Kornel Benko wrote:
> > We could output (at configure time) how many tests are ignored.
> >
> >         Kornel
>
> That seems a nice first step. :-)

Good idea.

A further step might be to assert that the number of ignored tests
equals a saved number. Whenever we updated the ignored tests, we need to
update the number. i.e., if I add a regex to ignoredTests that I expect
will ignore 5 tests, I increase the number by 5.

What are your thoughts on that? The disadvantage to this workflow is
that if we do not remember to update the number, the CMake command would
fail. This could be annoying. I think it would be worth the annoyance
and that we would get used to remembering to update the number of
ignored tests, but I would understand if others disagreed.

Scott