Boost in LyX

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Thu Nov 26 08:36:24 UTC 2020

Am Wed, 25 Nov 2020 23:48:18 +0200
schrieb Yuriy Skalko <yuriy.skalko at gmail.com>:

> >> I assume that careful replacement string to docstring will be mostly
> >> enough.
> >
> > No, we need wstring. Regular expressions (wregex) work on wchar_t.
> >

> >         Kornel
>
> wchar_t can cause problems with portability (it is 4 bytes on Unix and 2
> on Windows). So maybe defining docregex as basic_regex<char_type> (like
> docstring is basic_string<char_type>) will have less issues. Just some
> thoughts...
>
> Yuriy

In this case we need only functioning wregex for adv-find. Nothing to be used in lyx-file.
I don't think there is portability problem.
BUT, I don't know if we can remove
	#if defined(_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER >= 1600)
	namespace lyx { typedef uint32_t char_type; }
	#include "support/numpunct_lyx_char_type.h" // implementation for our char_type
	needed #else
	namespace lyx { typedef std::uint32_t char_type; }
	#endif
in src/support/strfwd.h (could we demand USE_WCHAR_T be defined?)

	Kornel