Spellchecking dictionaries in LyX 2.4 installer

Stephan Witt st.witt at gmx.net
Sun Nov 22 11:16:44 UTC 2020

Am 21.11.2020 um 21:12 schrieb Yuriy Skalko <yuriy.skalko at gmail.com>:

> The thread grown fast and in different directions, so I want to get it back to the initial proposal.
>
> Taking only concrete numbers: I've proposed to include dicts for Russian and Portuguese. Then Joel proposed to include dicts for top 25 languages. And Stephan told that he packages 82 dicts for Mac distribution. Sorry if I missed someone opinion.

Mainly, I’ve decided to package all available languages because there is no feature to download missing dictionaries in LyX.

On Linux it’s IMHO a task of the package manager and LyX should use the system languages. On Windows I’m not aware of a similar infrastructure.

I’d propose to include the most popular languages. Russian and Portuguese are part of that, definitely.

Stephan