Preference to disable input completion?

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sat Nov 21 20:07:20 UTC 2020

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 04:49:57PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 21/11/2020 à 16:15, Richard Kimberly Heck a écrit :
> > > True. I want to turn input completion off for text completion but leave it on for math completion. Andrew and Joel, if you also want that I already have a patch that I think does this that I can use locally. Let me know if you want me to post it (it would require you to recompile LyX though). If you want to effectively "disable" input completion in both math and text, you can rebind Tab.
> >
> > I think this makes a lot of sense. We have a similar setting for preview.
>
> Making our preferences cleaner is always good. Try to reorganize them (maybe
> like previews indeed) rather than just add a checkbox. I find the current
> settings too complicated already.

It took me a while just to understand what was happening. For some
reason, I thought "automatic completion" is what is actually
"completion". Now that I understand the distinction it makes sense
though.

Reorganizing is a good idea. Not sure when or if I would get to this. If
anyone takes a shot at this though, we should note that this involves
adding at least one new preference. We can keep it one if we do indeed
do something similar to preview with the combo box. Pavel, would you be
fine with this or prefer not to add a new preference for this type of
thing?

Scott