Boost in LyX

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Sat Nov 21 16:03:37 UTC 2020

Le 21/11/2020 à 15:37, Yuriy Skalko a écrit :
>> If Boost is only used for temporary implementation of really useful
>> features from newer standards (and only for older compilers) it should
>> be Ok. And this dependency will drop itself over time.
>
> Some steps in this direction are in attached patches.

I like them, but a couple remarks.

* patch 2: broken indentation

  		if (!current_view_
-		    || (!lyxrc.open_buffers_in_tabs
-			&& current_view_->documentBufferView() != 0
-			&& !is_open)) {
+			|| (!lyxrc.open_buffers_in_tabs
+				&& current_view_->documentBufferView() != 0

* concerning std::any, currently with autoconf we enforce c++14 when
available. I could move to C++17 instead (the idea is to avoid caring
with code that becomes wrong with new standard when we do not use the
standard).

Two ideas for more cleanups:

1/ we still have a few for_each() uses.

2/ if we require gcc 4.9, then we can use std::regex. I think there was
a need of boost:regex on windows side, is it still true ?

JMarc