CMake: cofigure failure (Windows)

Yu Jin yu_jin at lyx.org
Sun Nov 15 21:01:16 UTC 2020

Am So., 15. Nov. 2020 um 21:28 Uhr schrieb Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>:

> Am Sun, 15 Nov 2020 20:16:49 +0100
> schrieb Yu Jin <yu_jin at lyx.org>:
>
> > Am So., 15. Nov. 2020 um 20:15 Uhr schrieb Yu Jin <yu_jin at lyx.org>:
> > > I agree with CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH. I think that GNUWIN32_DIR was a good
> way
> > > of handling that (I assume it was that way), because the dependencies
> are
> > > needed anyway to run LyX and/or build the installer and we offer them
> for
> > > download. May I ask why it got removed?
> > > I mean it actually makes sense to add path to Perl to the pathprefix,
> but
> > > it is an individual setting if the Windows PATH variable does not
> contain
> > > it. So I would need to make that setting in CMake anyway, so why not
> just
> > > point it directly to GNUWIN32_DIR instead of Perl?
> > >
> > Sorry, I meant "I agree with the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH part".
>
> I don't understand. The GNUWIN32_DIR is set at CMakeLists.txt:9 (as it was
> before), I
> didn't remove this setting.

Oh, I see. Well CMake used to give an error saying "GNUWIN32_DIR" not found
if it was not explicitly specified in the CMake GUI. Now it is completely
missing in the GUI and setting it manually does not change anything. I
meant to ask about this change.
But I just compared 2.3.x with master real quick, I think this find Perl
thing is new, am I right? Because I can't find anything related to Perl in
2.3.x. I guess we should fix it like we do with Python:

if(GNUWIN32_DIR)
   list(APPEND CMAKE_PROGRAM_PATH "${GNUWIN32_DIR}/Python" )
endif()

For that we would need to restore the thing where CMake asks about
GNUWIN32_DIR, because now, even if I specify it manually, I guess it will
be overwritten at line 9. I don't know exactly how it was before, but this
line does not exist 2.3.x.
--
    Eugene