CMake: cofigure failure (Windows)

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sun Nov 15 15:03:27 UTC 2020

Am Sun, 15 Nov 2020 15:08:43 +0100
schrieb Yu Jin <yu_jin at lyx.org>:

> > You have to investigate the cmake module FomdPerl.cmake.
> > It may help, if you use HINTS, for instance for path D:\xxxx
> >         find_package(Perl REQUIRED PATHS "D:\\xxxx")
> >
> > At least, this one works on linux too.
> >
> Uhm, ist it possible that CMake looks for a CMake configuration file for perl and not
> the perl.exe? I get this with your proposal:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1216 (find_package):
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Perl" with any of
>   the following names:
>
>     PerlConfig.cmake
>     perl-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "Perl" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>   "Perl_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Perl"
>   provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
>   installed.
>

> Content of FindPerl.cmake:
>
> # Distributed under the OSI-approved BSD 3-Clause License.  See accompanying
> # file Copyright.txt or https://cmake.org/licensing for details.

The module FindPerl.cmake is the same as here. Also I don't have neither
PerlConfig.cmake nor perl-config.cmake anywhere on my system. So I wonder, why
your cmake does not use this module. Could You add some message(STATUS ...) inside the
module?

You could copy FindPerl.cmake to our development/cmake/modules and modify there too.

	Kornel