Continuous Spellchecker Default Behavior (and Voting?)

Joel Kulesza jkulesza at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:10:20 UTC 2020

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 4:19 PM Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>
wrote:

> On 11/1/20 4:54 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
>
> Attached is the patch.
>
> Riki

I seem to never be able to successfully apply patches.  This is no
exception (I'm on master at e8a28c33c), so I cannot test it (complaints
follow my signature for those interested).  Regardless, after reading
through the changes, they all seem reasonable.  Thank you, Riki, for taking
this upon yourself!  I hope that we can move forward from here.  Please let
me know what I can do to help.

Thank you again,
Joel

--

> git am 0001-Make-default-TRUE-for-continuous-spellcheck.patch
Applying: Make default TRUE for continuous spellcheck.
.git/rebase-apply/patch:87: trailing whitespace.
#
.git/rebase-apply/patch:93: trailing whitespace.
# This can be used to erase lines (return (True, "")) or to modify
.git/rebase-apply/patch:95: trailing whitespace.
#
.git/rebase-apply/patch:116: trailing whitespace.
#   (the new default is true, so this keeps behavior the same for
error: patch failed: lib/scripts/prefs2prefs.py:4
error: lib/scripts/prefs2prefs.py: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: lib/scripts/prefs2prefs_prefs.py:4
error: lib/scripts/prefs2prefs_prefs.py: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 Make default TRUE for continuous spellcheck.
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".