Continuous Spellchecker Default Behavior (and Voting?)

Joel Kulesza jkulesza at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:47:51 UTC 2020

All,

Thanks for your consideration and good discussion on default continuous
spellchecker behavior subsequent to
https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg213704.html.

I've created this separate thread to avoid continuing to hijack the other
thread on dictionary inclusion and to ask whether it makes sense to call a
vote similar to what Jürgen initiated here
https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg212545.html.

The two options I imagine are (A) keep continuous spellchecking disabled by
default or (B) make continuous spellchecking enabled by default (with
appropriate supporting elements of preference propagation, etc.).

If this makes sense, I would ask a core contributor to initiate a vote
here.

Of course, I'd be happy to see the discussion continue here as well.  If a
change is warranted as a result of the vote, I'd also be happy to help
contribute to that (open tracker item, contribute code, etc.).

Thank you again,
Joel