Shall we drop resources ?

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes lasgouttes at lyx.org
Thu May 14 16:16:32 UTC 2020

I only noticed now that Resources have been made useless just 3 days
after there were introduced  at 33e397dff8792c.

This is the result of this thread:
https://marc.info/?l=lyx-devel&m=119283257516050&w=2

What I do not understand is why André did not complain more a the time.
As it is now, resources are never used, since the filesystem is looked
at first.

I see 3 possibilities:

1/ get rid of resources, since nobody complained that we were too slow
up to now.

2/ do not install  anything in lib/images/ directory, since it is in
resources already.

3/ look first at user directory, then resources and finally system
directory.

What shall we do about that?

JMarc