New Section Toolbar Button and Depth-setting Suggestion

Jürgen Spitzmüller spitz at lyx.org
Mon May 11 06:10:07 UTC 2020

Am Samstag, den 09.05.2020, 20:47 +0200 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
> Good question. First thing I cold do is to move it elsewhere ;) I am
> not
>
> sure why we have section and not subsection/chapter...
>
> Jürgen, can your new toolbar menu thing be used for that?
>

> A way to implement your suggestion would be to bind the icon to
>
> command-alternatives outline-in;depth-increment

We could use a menu button that expands (on long press) and provides
all (currently available) section commands. This would certainly be
better than just the section on/off it features now.

As for promote/demote:

> For what it's worth, libreoffice's icon does have this double
> functionality.

Yes, that's actually a nifty feature. BTW we already support the
feature via Tab/Shift-Tab (I was surprised to find out).

Jürgen