[LyX/master] GUI for new counter inset.

Richard Kimberly Heck rikiheck at lyx.org
Fri May 1 23:04:14 UTC 2020

On 5/1/20 4:11 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 01.05.2020, 04:53 +0200 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
>> commit 9a147255df735d35dd03c3279bdbb35e39678ce0
>> Author: Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck at lyx.org>
>> Date:   Thu Apr 30 21:58:14 2020 -0400
>>
>>     GUI for new counter inset.
>> ---
> This is really nice,

Thanks!

> but I think the GUI semantics need some polishing.
> To begin with, I think Insert > Counter is misleading, since this does
> not insert a counter at all. Something like Edit > Manage Counter Value
> makes more sense to me.

Moved.

> In general, I have a rather hard time to understand the GUI.

I'm not all that good with GUI stuff, so... Part of the motivation for
doing this was I'd never created a dialog before.

> The "Action"
> entries are hardly understandable if one does not know the respective
> LaTeX commands.

I'm not sure how much we can do there. I've made it "Set Counter", etc.
I will add more to the User Guide.

> Same for the "Counter" entries.
We could do something here but, at present, yes, it relies upon the user
knowing what the counters are. Fortunately, that is usually clear...in
English. I thought about adding a GUIName to the Counter layout bit.
That seem worth doing?

> I have adjusted the layouts in that dialog, but I think some tooltips
> would also be great.

Forgot to add those....