Tweaking lib/symbols for XML entities

Thibaut Cuvelier dourouc05 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:35:39 UTC 2020

That effect was not intended: few new Unicode-based XML entities should be
output in HTML. I therefore investigated further the case of varGamma.
Before, it was simply not translated into MathML: the symbols file only
contained an x (
https://github.com/cburschka/lyx/blob/57272e837b148975817440bdc6a66b9935fa00a3/lib/symbols#L753),
indicating that no real translation was available. I highly suspect that
\varGamma was displayed as "varGamma", i.e. as text, instead of the right
symbol. As far as I know, there is no HTML entity for rare symbols like
\varGamma.

(By the way, I could not make a formula with \varGamma in MathType, so I
can't really compare.)

Thibaut Cuvelier