[LyX/2.3.x] Use data from src/lyxwinres.rc to generate lyx.coff for the Windows build.

Yu Jin yu_jin at lyx.org
Wed Jun 17 20:20:07 UTC 2020

Am Mi., 17. Juni 2020 um 14:58 Uhr schrieb Kornel Benko <kornel at lyx.org>:

> Am Wed, 17 Jun 2020 12:20:55 +0200
> schrieb Yu Jin <yu_jin at lyx.org>:
>
> > Am Di., 16. Juni 2020 um 21:21 Uhr schrieb Enrico Forestieri <
> forenr at lyx.org
> > >:

> properties
> > >
> > > It is used when compiling with autotools on Windows. Essentially,
> > > mingw and cygwin builds use it. The information there is shown
> > > when showing the properties of an executable in the "details" tab.
> > > See attached.
> > >

> > In that case I think that it would make sense if CMake also used it,
> > because of consistency.
> >
> > Eugene
>
> You can play with it, try the attached.

Can we do like in the attached instead?
I have noticed with this though that if I try to open lyxwinres.rc in the
ressource explorer in Visual Studio, I get an error message "error RC2247
SYMBOL name too long", which occurs because of "VERSION_INFO" in config.h.
(Version_Info was changed in
https://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/3df9525a13de33b235d41a94cac9d2b1b8546c9b/lyxgit).
Despite this error compiling still works and the string is correctly
displayed in help > about, just can't open the resource file.

Eugene