Beamer enumerations

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 14:59:12 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-12 16:49, Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
> Dear developers
>
> I had a question on the French list about the following problem : with
> Beamer, enumerated subitems are numbered alike main items:
>
> 1 item
> 2 item
>    1 subitem
>    2 subitem
> 3 item
>
> The solution is to add a command in the preamble to redefine subitem
> numbering style. I added it to the wiki :
>
> https://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/Beamer#toc1

I am not sure what you mean. In LyX the enumerated list shows as

1 item
2 item
    (a) subitem
    (b) subitem
3 item

And in the output as

1 item
2 item
    2.1 subitem
    2.2 subitem
3 item

This is with LyX 3.5. Or are you working with some other version?

That being said, I guess it would make more sense to show the beamer
enumerated along the lines of the output, i.e. a counter redefinition
could be included in the beamer layout:

Counter enumii
	Within               enumi
	LabelString          "\arabic{enumi}.\arabic{enumii}"
End

Counter enumiii
	Within               enumii
	LabelString          "\arabic{enumi}.\arabic{enumii}.\arabic{enumiii}"
End

Daniel