Tweaking lib/symbols for XML entities

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Tue Jun 9 16:39:35 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 03:02:21AM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Again, a new version of the second patch, as I find new things that should
> be adapted. Is it good enough to be merged?

I skimmed through the pacthes. Given the obselete status of docbook export
I do not care that much about new xml part, but I wonder about the changes
to the current xHTML export.

The first patch looked more or less harmless.
The second part seem mostly as a huge work to add up the new xml column to symbols.

- Could you clarify whether/how many output changes will be there in xHTML output
  (it's hard to read from diffs whether you just add new xml values or some html
  tags were changed as well).
- there are many "string" -> from_ascii(ms.namespacedTag("mo")) conversions.
  Do these have impact on xHTML output?
- I saw hardcoded &nbsp -> unicode char change. Is this related to xHTML
  output as well (I wonder whether that generally works with some more alternative
  browsers like lynx)?
  I couldn't test as patches couldn't be applied (either master moved or you diff
  against slightly different tree).

Apart from these small bits as a whole it seems to me we could merge it.

Riki, do you have opinion?