Windows Installer to Test

Yu Jin technikmagma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 13:50:43 UTC 2020

Am Mi., 3. Juni 2020 um 04:03 Uhr schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck <
rikiheck at lyx.org>:

> I've put the Windows installer for 2.3.5 here
>
> http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.3/
>
> for testing. Please let me know if there are any issues. I am hoping to
> release Thursday.

There is something strange with the pdfview. If a user clicks on preview
(CTRL + R), pdfview is supposed to close an already open adobe reader
window with that preview document (which is in a temp folder there) and
open a new window automatically. With your installer it does not work, it
then just says "unable to write to file.pdf". I'm not sure how exactly you
compiled the pdfview, but I can see that it is missing the embedded
"System.dll" (by opening it with 7zip as an archive), maybe it's because
Windows/Linux NSIS cross platform compatibility is not so great (I have
seen someone stating that on the web somewhere). If not too much trouble,
could you please find the pdfview.exe from my drive folder and replace it
in your installer?

Eugene