#10571: Tabs not showing properly in macOS full (and split) screen

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Fri Jul 31 05:13:24 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-30 21:21, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 29.07.2020 um 22:59 schrieb Daniel <xracoonx at gmx.de>:

>>> The attached patch improves the situation on Mac. I’m confident that this is the right move.
>>> But I’m unable to tell if it works on other platforms or if it breaks the current state.
>>> Furthermore I’m not sure what to do with the remaining code in GuiView::toggleFullScreen().
>>> Any comments on this, please?
>>> Stephan
>>
>> Thanks. I see two strange things:
>>
>> 1. Toolbars get reset after disabling the WM's fullscreen
>> Steps:
>> 1.1 Move a toolbar to a non-default position
>> 1.2 Enter the WM's fullscreen mode
>> 1.3 leave the WM's fullscreen mode
>
> Yes, the patch was not perfect. I posted it to get some feedback if the strategy works on other platforms.
>
> I’ll improve it now I know it works in principle. Pavel tested it on Linux and saw some problems but confirmed it’s general function.
>
>> 2. It is not possible to leave fullscreen using LyX's Fullscreen menu entry
>> Steps:
>> 2.1 Click on menu View > Fullscreen
>> 2.2 Click again on menu View > Fullscreen
>
> This one I cannot see. Here it simply works.

Okay, tested again. It happens under a special condition: when the LyX
window is previously maximized (not in fullscreen but maximized by
double clicking the title bar). So:

1. Double click the title bar (maximizes the window)
2. Click on View > Fullscreen (enters fullscreen)
3. Click on View > Fullscreen (exits fullscreen)

(It's on Catalina macOS Catalina, 10.15.6.)

Daniel