#10571: Tabs not showing properly in macOS full (and split) screen

Daniel xracoonx at gmx.de
Wed Jul 29 20:59:55 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-29 21:03, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 29.07.2020 um 10:15 schrieb LyX Ticket Tracker <trac at lyx.org>:
>>
>> #10571: Tabs not showing properly in macOS full (and split) screen
>> -----------------------+-------------------------
>> Reporter:  racoon     |       Owner:  lasgouttes
>>      Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
>>
>> Comment (by racoon):
>>
>> Replying to [comment:8 stwitt]:
>>> Replying to [comment:7 racoon]:
>> Still '''if''' one activates to hide things in fullscreen there is a bug.
>> I'll try to take a look at it.
>>>
>>> What is the effect of the bug? Are you talking about a new problem?
>>
>> I am referring to the issue explained in comment:4. The bug is that UI
>> elements don't disappear when the WM's fullscreen mode is activated (and
>> the preferences set such that they should disappear). Quick steps to see
>> it:
>>
>> 1. Make sure tabs are set to show in fullscreen mode
>> 2. In normal mode create two new document (so the tabs will show)
>> 3. Enter the WM's fullscreen mode (click on green maximize button)
>> Result: The tabs are still there
>> 4. Create another new document
>> Result: The tabs disappear
>>
>> - Same for scrollbars.
>> - Toolbars never disappear.
>>
>> So, the LyX's fullscreen mode seems not to be properly linked the WM's
>> fullscreen mode.
>>
>> --
>> Ticket URL: <https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10571#comment:9>
>> The LyX Project <https://www.lyx.org/>
>> LyX -- The Document Processor
>
> The attached patch improves the situation on Mac. I’m confident that this is the right move.
> But I’m unable to tell if it works on other platforms or if it breaks the current state.
>
> Furthermore I’m not sure what to do with the remaining code in GuiView::toggleFullScreen().
>
> Any comments on this, please?
>
> Stephan

Thanks. I see two strange things:

1. Toolbars get reset after disabling the WM's fullscreen
Steps:
1.1 Move a toolbar to a non-default position
1.2 Enter the WM's fullscreen mode
1.3 leave the WM's fullscreen mode

2. It is not possible to leave fullscreen using LyX's Fullscreen menu entry
Steps:
2.1 Click on menu View > Fullscreen
2.2 Click again on menu View > Fullscreen

Daniel