[LyX/master] Support the mathbbm font.

Pavel Sanda sanda at lyx.org
Tue Jul 28 06:37:36 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 05:02:13AM +0200, Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
> > Hi Thibaut,
> >

> I suppose that the issue raised by Kornel is not related, as discussed
> below?

Not all, but the fact that display of characters is screwed in Math Manual
(at least in linux) is caused by this commit.

Does the rendering of math manual looks correct on your computer with this patch?

> > why is this font addition needed?
> >

> In order to support more math formulae: \mathbbm supports a few more
> doublestroke symbols than the existing fonts (like lower-case characters).
> It's not exactly the most useful math font in the world, but not supporting
> it made problems in some of my private test cases. (Actually, I mostly need
> it to convert properly into MathML, but rendering it properly in LyX was
> not much harder.)

I see, true, we can't do properly lower case. Unfortunately they are not fixed
with this patch here either.
Either more work refinement is needed or different approach (like adding the
missing glyphs to dsrom10).

In general we have policy that patches should be sent to the list first so people
can react before changes are committed. You don't need to that if you maintain
some specific area (like docbook in your case, no one can check that anyway) or
do some tiny uncontroversial change (like typos, etc), but geneneric additions
like this patch should definitely follow post-before-commit  rule...